Friday, September 25, 2009

Control



Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. ---Matthew 6:33 NLV

     In the world in which we live you can basically divide individuals into 3 categories: those out of control, those losing control, and those under control. Which group seems to characterize your life? Do you find yourself losing control because of the struggles, stresses, and strains of this world?  Maybe you are plain old out of control being like Bobby Brown talking about, "It's my prerogative, I'll do what I wanna do."
      Or lastly, are you under control because you are learning to line up every area of your life under the leadership of the Lord? It's when we learn to yield control to the Lord that we can actually keep from losing control! The operative word is learn because we must admit that the difficulty we have on this Christian journey is that our fleshly nature wants control. In essence our flesh echoes what Janet Jackson said in her 1990's song entitled Control: “Got my own mind, I wanna make my own decisions, When it has to do with my life, I wanna be the one in control.”  The flesh definately wants to dominate the daily decisions we make. 
     Remember when we were young and we told our parents, "I just can't wait until I'm grown!" (Now of course we did say it down low so they couldn't hear us because mama didn't raise no fool). What we were saying was, we couldn't wait until we had control or could call the shots.  Ironically once we did grow up we found out that we've got to give up control in order to stay under control! That's just what Jesus is saying today in the midst of a world that seems out of control, give Him full control and He'll make sure you stay under control!  
Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment