Monday, July 18, 2011

Purpose on Paper

“A short pencil is better than a long memory.”

I can still hear those words ringing in my ear, as they were often often uttered by my parents. They were reminding me that important things need to be written down. During this month I’ve been discussing how to live with purpose which can ultimately lead to your success. I encourage you to take time to review those posts especially, “High Definition Life”. Now it’s time to move to the next step, which is, writing it down in the form of a statement. A purpose or mission statement is a general concept of what you want to accomplish. It basically clarifies your existence. As I mentioned before, Jesus Christ stated his purpose in Matthew 20:28, “I came to serve and to give my life as a ransom for many.” A teacher may say, “I equip students to be successful citizens in the world.” A comedian may say, “I tell jokes to help people laugh and deal with their stress.” Developing a purpose statement is vital because it provides a reference point to keep us aligned with our purpose. There are several resources that will help you think reflectively regarding your purpose. I recommend the following: http://www.franklincovey.com/msb/

Now go ahead and put that purpose on paper!

PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment