Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Catching God's eye

"The eyes of the Lord search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him." 2 Chronicles 16:9a

As I raise my kids, each day I’m amazed how much of myself that I see in them (when I was their age). I remember as a child that I always loved it when my dad would sit outside on the porch and watch me shoot hoops. This was especially true when he had company. At this time I would take it up a notch and do some super duper move that I had made up or shoot long range shots hoping to catch their eye. Now that I’m a dad, it amuses me when my son does the same thing. I guess like father like son! Have you ever tried to catch someone's eye? Maybe it was a special person you wanted to get to know, or maybe it was a supervisor that you wanted to show how hard you worked. What about our Sovereign God? The above text informs us that it's possible to live a life that that catches God's eye! Of course because God is all seeing and all knowing His eye is always on us but this text says that God is on the look-out for a life that is totally committed to Him. We catch God's eye when we resolve to rely solely on Him. Notice the reward of those who resolve to live in this manner: they receive Heavenly strength!

My prayer for you today is that you will live in such a way that it catches God's eye so that as a result you receive Supernatural strength for your journey!

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment