Tuesday, January 21, 2014

GPS: God's Positioning System

Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he’s the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:5-6 The Message Translation

While on vacation, as my wife and I were driving down the highway, we asked ourselves, "What did we ever do before technology?" This question came about as we surveyed the intricate interstate that we traveled on. Despite the city's complex highways we were able to make it safely to our destination because from the start we relied on our GPS. Of course this was far different from previous experiences without GPS. At these times I would try to figure things out only to end up confused about where I was going. Finally, after getting more and more lost, with the gentle counsel(not so gentle) of my wife, I would pull over and ask someone for directions. Imagine how much time was lost because I relied on my own intuition! Who or what are you relying on to get to your destination? Let me ask you this way, are you relying on your Divine GPS? The above text teaches us how we can allow God's Positioning System to give us direction.

First we must go to our GPS for assistance. What sense does it make to have a GPS and not use it? God wants us to go to Him about everything. Now it's often easier to go to Him about "big things" or major decisions, but we should go to Him for daily decisions as well (In all thy ways acknowledge Him) Proverbs 3:6. When we go to God we are showing our trust and dependence on Him.

Second we should get to know the voice of our GPS. My GPS has a voice that tells me which turns to take. All I have to do is listen to the voice and trust that it's telling the truth. In the same way we must listen to the voice of God for direction. He lovingly longs to provide you with personalized directions. Isaiah 30:21 says, "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.” However we must get to know God's voice and we do so by spending time in His Word and allowing His Holy Spirit to speak to us. The more time that we spend listening to His voice, the easier it is to know and trust His voice.

Third we must let our GPS guide us so that we will stay on course. The thing about GPS is that it uses a system of orbiting satellites that are able to provide accurate direction. Since our Sovereign God sits high and looks low, He sees what we can't see. He knows every curve, bend in the road, and every dead end. As we trust Him for direction, He is able to lead us thru the path that He has set for us (You will show me the path of life) Psalms 16:11. My friend, life is too difficult to navigate on your own. Let God position you in the path He has for your life and I promise that you won't wind up lost!

My prayer for you today is that you will allow God's GPS to get you to His desired destination!

3 comments:

  1. Hi I just read your post and have to say this was right on time for me I'm not a very verbal individual and I am one of the members that set back and observe but I do feel like I do have a personal relationship with my Lord I talk to him quite often I don't do a lot of public speaking and I do know a closed mouth don't get Fed. But your message was very uplifting I received some semi good news today on my case that I have been waiting on for quite sometime and today they call to tell me that I shall receive a Verdict within 30 to 60 days do I'm asking that you will PRAY with me and my Family that God will continue to take care of my Family and I regardless of what the verdict will be I know that the Lord will make a way out of no way and I'm trusting in and on HIM because I BELIEVE that he Will NOT bring us this far to leave us. So I'm PRAYING and TOTALLY Depending on our FATHER that he will pull this through for my Family and I. I know that I have wrote a lot and maybe to much since I am not a very talkative person but on paper please believe me I can really lay it out there lol. Sorry for being so open but what's meant for me and my family will be for us and no one can take that from us. I love the Lord and ALL that he's done for ME and FAMILY especially for my son I just CONTINUE to PRAY for him THAT he will not go astray into the WORLD I feel at times that I'm not strong enough but I'm not going to let go or give up on my CHILD I know it's going to take some strong praying to get him to WHERE I want him to be in the Word but I'm ready for the FIGHT in Jesus Name. Keep us in your PRAYERS Rev Jones and family and I will do the same. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sister, We are covering you all with believing prayer! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete